Saturday, May 19, 2007

Mystery on the Nile

We're about to leave for our river cruise along the part of the Nile closest to Nubia. Last night we watched Death on the Nile on DVD. This wonderful Agatha Christie mystery takes place on a paddle steamer (just like the one we'll be on) with about a dozen guests (just like our cruise) along the stretch of the Nile between Luxor and Aswan (where we'll be going). *gulp!* The victim? An annoyingly bossy and loud-mouthed American woman! *double gulp!* But never fear: Poirot is here. Hercule Poirot, to be precise. The Belgian detective with 'zee little grey cells'. I hope there won't be any Death on the Nile next week... just mystery and adventure. This, of course, is research for Roman Mystery 15, The Scribe from Alexandria.

Here's our itinerary:
Monday: arrive in Luxor and sail to Esna on the S.S.Karim
Tuesday: visit Temple of Horus at Edfu, then sail to Kom Ombo
Wednesday: visit temples at Kom Ombo, then sail to Aswan
Thursday: felucca to botanical gardens then Philae at night
Friday: birdwatching among the islands of the cataract
Saturday: sail from Aswan back to Luxor
Sunday: hot air balloon over the Valley of the Kings
Monday: temple of Amun at Karnak and temple of Luxor

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:04 PM

    I hope you enjoy the Nile cruise.I myself come from North Egypt and I have tried the Nile cruise many times and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:37 PM

    I think your books are good. And did cleo survive the volcano in secrets of vesuvius?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:06 PM

    salve caroline you are soooooo lucky that you got to go to eygpt i'd love to go but sadly my dad doesn't like going on long plane journeys :( my nan and grandad went on an eygptian cruise that week as well!!!! i wonder if you met them?(their names are doreen and alan philp) what was the best bit about your trip? also happy birthday for last thursday what did you get? lastly, when is Trimalchio's Feast and other mini-mysteries being released?and do you know if the roman mysteries will be released on dvd? please answer my questions (sorry this is so long) vale, Hannah Swan

    ReplyDelete